Wednesday 4 November 2015

Gigs, Concerts & Other Such Things

Recently, I've been thinking a lot about the various concerts, gigs and festivals that I've been to. It's fair to say I've been to a fair few in my 35 years and have enjoyed every last one of them. In saying that there are still bands I'd love to go to see and haven't yet, and it's fair to say that I'm not getting any younger. While I'm not overly old, I'm not in my youth any more either. So at this mid point in my life, I thought I'd make a list of bands/acts I've seen and bands/acts I would like to see. Lets see if I'm not too old to remember all those who I've seen.

1996 - Madstock @ Finsbury Park, London - main band: Madness, supporting acts included Squeeze and Mike Flowers Pops (yeah, I know what you're thinking)

1998 - V98 @ Hylands Park, Chelmsford - acts included Green Day, Robbie Williams, Texas, The Verve, Lightning Seeds, Iggy Pop, Stereophonics.

1999 - V99 @ Hylands Park, Chelmsford - acts included Manic Street Preachers, James Brown, Kula Shaker, Stereophonics, Supergrass, The Levellers.

2000 - V2000 @ Hylands Park, Chelmsford - went home early on Saturday night as I had a panic attack. Can't remember what bands I saw and which ones I didn't.

2001 - V2001 @ Hylands Park, Chelmsford - acts included Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Muse, The Charlatons, Foo Fighters, David Grey, Coldplay, Placebo.

2003 - Reading (Only on the Sunday) - acts included Metallica, System of a Down, Sum 41, Primal Scream, Good Charlotte, All American Rejects, Biffy Clyro

2003 - Metallica @ Earls Court, London, supporting act Godsmack

2005 - System of a Down @ Brixton Academy, supporting act Eighties Matchbox B Line Disaster

2005 - Download Festival @ Donnington Park - acts included System of a Down, Black Sabbath, Slipknot, Slayer, Nightwish, Killswitch Engage, Papa Roach, Velvet Revolver, Anthrax, Bowling for Soup, Chimara, Megadeth, Apocolyptica, Lamb of God

2006 - Download Festival @ Donnington Park - acts included Metallica, Tool, Deftones, Coheed and Cambria, Soil, Korn, Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, Lordi, Guns N Roses (or should I say a whiney Axl Rose + a few mates) Lacona Coil, Cradle of Filth, Bullet for my Valentine, Eighteen Visions, Bring Me The Horizon.

2009 - Metallica @ Sheffield Arena, supporting acts included: Machine Head & The Sword

2010 - Disturbed @ Capital FM Arena, Nottingham, supported by Papa Roach, Buck Cherry & Halestorm.

2010 - Bullet for my Valentine @ National Indoor Arena, Birmingham, supported by Atreyu & Bring Me The Horizon. (Free ticket, went with a now former friend as his ex had bought him and herself tickets, but they split up before the gig, so he gave me her ticket as she decided not to go)

Other than that, I've seen local gigs by local bands in Romford, Essex and the surrounding area.

I'd love to go see the following bands, but haven't got around to it yet:

Forever Never
InMe
Iron Maiden
Rammstein
Motorhead
Genesis
Pantera (I know this one can't happen :( )
Queen (Another one that won't happen)
AC/DC
Aerosmith
Soundgarden
Audioslave
Fear Factory
The Offspring
Prodigy
Tenacious D
The Who
Weird Al Yankovic

So hopefully soon.....

2 comments:

  1. Why can't the Queen one happen m8?. Not like dem no more?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Issue is, Freddie Mercury died back in 1991 and since then John Deacon doesn't perform any more, so it's only Brian & Roger, plus a few session musicians and (in my opinion) a very poor lead singer who'll never ever be a patch on Freddie. While I'd love to see Brian & Roger perform the classics (with John if he agrees to come out of retirement) it's not really Queen, if it's only two of the original band.

      Delete